This wild rice burger is a hearty and delicious meatless burger that is easy to make! It has a rich, nutty flavor thanks to the wild rice. You only need a few pantry staples and spices to make this tasty recipe!
- 3 cups cooked wild rice (1 cup uncooked)
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup (3oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 burger buns and toppings
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked wild rice, celery salt, paprika, garlic powder, salt, oregano, thyme, breadcrumbs, shredded cheese, and eggs.
- Mix the ingredients until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions, about 1/2 cup in size, and shape them into patties.
- To cook, you have two options:
- Stovetop directions: Pan-fry the patties in the olive oil for 3-5 minutes on each side until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- Air fryer directions: Skip the oil and place the patties on parchment paper. Air fry the patties at 375°F for 6-8 minutes until they are crispy and cooked through.
- Serve the wild rice patties on burger buns with your favorite toppings.