These sheet pan fajitas are made in the oven for a simple dinner recipe filled with vegetables! Roasted pinto beans and melted cheese turn a rainbow of vegetables into a hearty meal!
- 3 bell peppers (any color), thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 15oz can pinto beans, drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Rice, avocado, salsa, and tortillas for serving (optional)
- Adjust the oven racks to the top 1/3 and middle of the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray and spread the bell peppers and onions into a single layer.
- Spread the pinto beans onto a second oiled or parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle the bell peppers and beans with olive oil, and sprinkle with paprika, garlic powder, cumin, and salt.
- Use a spatula to stir until evenly coated.
- Sprinkle the pinto beans with cheese.
- Place the baking tray with the bell peppers on the top rack of the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove the pan and stir the peppers.
- Move the bell peppers to the middle rack and place the pinto beans on the top rack.
- Continue to bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the peppers are browned.
- Serve with rice, tortillas, avocado, and/or salsa.
Keywords: Vegetarian Sheet Pan Fajitas