This Mexican Lasagna is filled with layers of hearty beans, fresh vegetables, and lots of gooey cheese for a family-friendly main dish!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 small flour tortillas
- 1 15oz can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can corn, drained
- 1 10oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis, drained
- 2/3 cup enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8×11 casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and pepper and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the cumin, paprika, oregano, chili powder, and salt and stir to combine. Continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Place two tortillas in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Top with half of the refried beans, onion and pepper mixture, black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, enchilada sauce, and cheese.
- Repeat the layers of tortillas, refried beans, onion and pepper mixture, black beans, corn, and tomatoes. Top with two more tortillas then finish with remaining cheese and enchilada sauce.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Top with cilantro and avocado and slice into 8 servings.
Keywords: Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna