This Vegan Chili Verde Soup is a twist on a traditional white chicken chili! This dish packs in lots of protein and fiber without meat!
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 15oz can cannellini, rinsed and drained
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 avocado
- Salt, to taste
- Add the broth, cannellini beans, chickpeas, salsa, cumin, and chili powder to a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste.
- Dice the avocado just before serving.
- Divide the soup into bowls and top with avocado.
- Cannellini beans are sometimes called white kidney beans.
- Salsa can be high in sodium, so be mindful of the salt content, if necessary.
- I like to use low sodium vegetable broth so I can control the saltiness of the soup.
Keywords: Vegan chili verde soup