These soft and fluffy muffins are studded with sweet cranberries and crunchy pecan pieces. Made with chia seeds and coconut oil, these cranberry pecan muffins are completely vegan.
- 1 chia egg (1 tablespoon chia seeds mixed with 2 ½ tablespoons water)
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries (I used sweetened but feel free to use unsweetened for a lower sugar option)
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds and water and set aside until thickened.
- Add the all-purpose flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder to a large bowl.
- Mix until combined.
- Add the cranberries and pecans and mix well.
- Add the melted coconut oil, almond milk, chia seed mixture, and vanilla extract.
- Stir until just combined. Do not over mix. The batter will be VERY thick. (See note)
- Line a muffin pan with liners.
- Scoop ¼ cup batter into each muffin tin. It should make 12 muffins.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes or until the tops of the muffins have started to brown.
Keywords: vegan cranberry pecan muffins