This vegan Caesar salad is a delicious mix of crunchy chickpeas and creamy dressing. It’s hearty enough for a main dish but it also pairs well with your favorite pasta!
For the Salad
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for 6 hours (see note for a shortcut)
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water (plus more if needed)
- 2 hearts of romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine the cashews, olive oil, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, salt, and water.
3. Blend for 30 seconds then scrape down the sides and continue to blend.
4. Add more water if needed. Add salt to taste.
5. In a large bowl, toss the chickpeas with the remaining olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
6. Spread onto a baking sheet in a single layer.
7. Bake for 15 minutes then stir them on the baking tray and continue to bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned and crispy.
8. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
9. Place the lettuce in a large bowl and drizzle with dressing.
10.Toss with crispy chickpeas and serve!
No time to soak your cashews? Place the cashews in a large bowl. Cover with 2 cups of boiling water and cover the dish with a plate. Let sit for 30 minutes until cashews have softened. You’ll need a strong blender or food processor to achieve a smooth dressing with this shorter-soak method.
Keywords: Vegan Caesar Salad