If you love peanut butter and chocolate, you’ll love buckeye candy! These buckeyes are vegan and gluten free so everyone can enjoy them!
- 1 cup vegan butter (I use Earth Balance or Smart Balance)
- 1 1/2 cups creamy salted peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- Soften the vegan butter by microwaving on 50% power for 30 seconds at a time. You don’t want to melt it, just soften it.
- Once the butter is soft, whip it with the peanut butter and vanilla. You can use a mixer or simply mix with a spoon.
- Once the peanut butter and powdered sugar are combined, slowly stir in your powdered sugar.
- Scoop the peanut butter mixture into rounded tablespoons and roll into little balls. Stick a toothpick in each of the balls
- Freeze the balls for at least 30 minutes
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring frequently so the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Take the peanut butter balls out of the fridge and dip into the chocolate, leaving a little bit exposed, so it looks like a Buckeye!
- Put the Buckeyes back in the freezer until the chocolate has hardened. Store in the fridge.
You can use any sort of margarine but I prefer Earth Balance.
Make sure to use dairy free chocolate chips. The Enjoy Life brand are great!
You can easily half this recipe to make a smaller batch.
Keywords: vegan buckeyes