Fluffy couscous topped with garlickly white beans and tomatoes creates a quick and easy dinner recipe that is packed with flavor! You only need 15 minutes to assemble this tasty dinner.
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 28oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz can Cannellini or Great Northern beans
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Salt to taste (I added ½ teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- Freshly grated parmesan, optional
- Bring 1 cup of vegetable broth to a boil.
- Add the couscous, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let the couscous absorb the broth, then fluff with a fork.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Add the onion and cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and white beans and bring to a simmer.
- Cook over medium heat for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the fresh spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted slightly.
- Add salt to the tomatoes, if desired.
- Divide the couscous into 4 bowls then top with the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve immediately.
- Garnish with fresh parmesan, if desired.
Keywords: Tomato and white bean couscous