This vegan sweet potato hash is a delicious brunch recipe — but you can also enjoy it as a side dish with your favorite protein! This is a great way to add more veggies to your plate!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1lb), chopped into 1/2” pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup kale, destemmed and torn into 1” pieces
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion and sweet potatoes to the pan, cooking over medium heat for 7 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and paprika. Continue to cook for 10-12 minutes or until the potatoes are softened.
- Add the kale to the pan.
- Stir and continue to cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through and the kale is bright green.
Keywords: sweet potato hash