These dark chocolate sugar-free truffles have a slightly sweet flavor from the almond butter and vanilla, with no sweetener required! Keep a batch of these truffles in the freezer for a quick treat anytime you need it!
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup almond butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- Pinch of sea salt
- Sweetener to taste (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil and almond butter in a small bowl.
- Add the vanilla and stir until combined.
- If you want to add a sweetener, stir it in here. You could use 1 tablespoon maple syrup or a few drops of liquid stevia. I didn’t add any extra but if you’re used to eating sugar, you’ll want to add a little something.
- Stir in protein powder, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Pop it into the freezer for a few minutes until it hardens a bit.
- Shape into small balls and roll in cocoa powder to coat.
- Store these in the freezer!
- It should make about 10-12 balls. They’ll have around 120 calories each.
Keywords: sugar free chocolate truffles