This delicious Street Corn Soup is a flavorful recipe filled with roasted corn, tender potatoes, and topped with all the best street corn fixings! Try a bowl of this street corn soup for your next taco night!
- 3 cups frozen corn
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 large russet potato (about 1/2lb), chopped into 1″ pieces
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tortillas, torn into 1” pieces
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 2 tablespoons diced red onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or line with a silicone mat
- Spread the corn into a single layer and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Stir to evenly coat the corn with the oil
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes, until corn is golden brown (frozen corn may need a few extra minutes)
- In a large pot, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat
- Add the onion and cook for 6-7 minutes until the onion is translucent
- Add garlic, cumin, and paprika and continue to cook for 1 minute
- Add vegetable broth and potatoes and simmer for 15-20 minutes until potatoes are soft
- Add the roasted corn to the pot and stir.
- Carefully transfer 2 cups of soup, milk, and corn tortillas into a blender. Allow steam to escape from the blender, if necessary. Blend until slightly chunky.
- Add the blended mixture back to the pot and stir.
- Serve with feta, limes, red onion, and sour cream.
Keywords: street corn soup