These strawberry breakfast cookies are soft and chewy, studded with chocolate chips and sweet strawberries for a satisfying and nourishing breakfast! They are easy to make and can be stored in the refrigerator or freezer for a quick and easy breakfast option throughout the week.
- 1 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup gluten free flour (see note) or all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 overripe banana
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fresh diced strawberries (see note)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash the banana with a fork until most of the chunks are gone.
- Mix in the eggs and coconut oil.
- Add in the gluten-free flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in the rolled oats.
- Add in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix to combine.
- Gently fold in the strawberries to avoid mashing the berries.
- Drop large tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough into 16 even lumps on the lined cookie sheet. Flatten out slightly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes until the cookies become a light golden color.
- Let the cookies cool for 15 minutes before enjoying.
This recipe was tested with gluten free flour (both an all-purpose gluten free blend blend and a homemade blend of 3/4 cup rice flour and 1/4 cup tapioca flour). I’ve also tested it with all purpose flour.
I also tested this recipe with freeze-dried strawberries and that worked great, too!
Keywords: Strawberry Breakfast Cookies