This blueberry crisp is easy to make on the stovetop for an easy and delicious dessert! Serve it with ice cream for a tasty summer treat!
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds frozen blueberries
For the topping:
- Combine walnuts, flour, oats, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl. Stir in melted coconut oil until no dry flour remains.
- Add flour mixture to a non-stick skillet and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes; transfer to a plate to cool.
For the filling:
- Combine granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
- Add the blueberries to a large skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat until the blueberries thaw and release their juice, about 7 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking.
- Stir in cornstarch mixture and simmer, stirring constantly, until thickened, 1 to 3 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and distribute topping evenly over filling.
- Let cool for 30 minutes before serving.
This crisp will not fully “set,” and it’s best eaten in a bowl with a spoon. The blueberry mixture becomes deliciously soft and sweet, almost like jam. The crunchy topping is delicious with a scoop of ice cream on top. Once cooled, it’s best eaten immediately, but leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge if needed.
Keywords: stovetop blueberry crisp