This creamy spinach artichoke pasta takes all the best flavors from your favorite dip and transforms it into a main dish! This simple recipe is quick and simple to make, but you’ll be coming back for seconds.
- 8oz whole wheat pasta
- 4oz spinach (about 3-4 cups of loosely packed leaves)
- 4oz Greek yogurt cream cheese or Neufchâtel cheese
- 3/4 cup whole milk (or 2% milk)
- 1/4 cup chopped artichoke hearts
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a large skillet, add the spinach and sprinkle with a teaspoon of water. Heat over low heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently until the spinach has wilted. Transfer to a plate.
- Once the spinach has cooled slightly, place it in a paper towel or clean dish cloth and squeeze out any moisture from the spinach. Transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop with the artichoke hearts.
- In the empty skillet, add the cream cheese and milk and heat over low to medium heat, whisking until the cream cheese and milk are incorporated.
- Stir in the spinach, artichokes, garlic powder and salt.
- Add the pasta and stir until evenly coated. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.