This easy spaghetti squash lasagna is a deliciously cheesy dinner! Made with just a few simple ingredients, this low carb vegetarian lasagna is a tasty main dish!
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 3 cups cooked)
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups part skim shredded mozzarella
- Handful of fresh basil or parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Carefully slice your spaghetti squash in half. (Be careful!)
- Use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and flip them cut side down on a large microwave-safe plate.
- Add a little water to the bottom of the plate (to create steam) and microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- In a small casserole dish (6×8 or 8×8) add a thin layer of tomato sauce to the bottom.
- Combine the rest of the tomato sauce with the ricotta cheese.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done in the microwave, let it cool, then scoop out the insides with a fork.
- Layer the spaghetti squash over the sauce.
- Top with sauce and repeat with spaghetti squash.
- Cover the whole pan with mozzarella cheese and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes.
- Turn to broil for an additional 2-3 minutes, or until the top becomes brown and bubbly.
- Roughly chop the fresh basil and sprinkle over top!
- Microwave the squash ahead of time significantly reduces the time to make this, but if you want to roast the squash in the oven, that’s fine. You’ll probably need to roast it for 20-30 minutes, and then continue on with the rest of the steps.
- To reduce the watery-ness of the squash, you can gently press it in a mesh strainer after removing from the squash shell. It won’t get rid of all the moisture, but it can help.
Keywords: Spaghetti Squash Lasagna