This simple chickpea salad only takes a few minutes to assemble! You could eat it on its own, stuff it into a pita, or serve it on top of a pile of greens!
- 2 cups chickpeas (about 1 15oz can)
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/2 bell pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (about 1/2 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- Handful of fresh cilantro or parsley (optional)
- Rinse and drain your chickpeas and set aside.
- Peel and chop your red onion, then chop your green pepper.
- Mince a clove of garlic, and toss everything into a large bowl.
- Coat with olive oil and lemon juice, then sprinkle with salt.
- Top with cilantro or parsley!
You can make this salad up to 2 days in advance.
Keywords: chickpea salad