This Sage Pasta with Butternut Squash is filled with fall flavors for a delicious, seasonal dinner! Topped with crispy sage and salty Parmesan, this simple, 7 ingredient meal will have you coming back for seconds!
- 1lb Mueller’s Spaghetti
- 1 cup pasta water (reserved from cooking pasta)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh sage leaves
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash, diced into 1/2 pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped kale leaves
- 2 oz Parmesan (about 1 cup grated) plus additional for serving
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add a teaspoon of salt.
- Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water, then drain the pasta and set aside.
- In a large skillet, toast the walnuts over medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Remove the walnuts from the pan.
- Add the butter to the warm, empty skillet over medium heat.
- Once the butter is melted, add the chopped sage leaves and stir frequently. The butter will turn a golden brown color.
- Cook the sage for 2-3 minutes until crispy, then use a slotted spoon to transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Without cleaning out the skillet, add the butternut squash to the skillet. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until soft. Use a spatula to gently flip the squash once during cooking, to ensure even browning.
- Add the kale and ½ cup of pasta water to the skillet.
- Cover and steam the kale for 1 minute until bright green and soft, then remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss the pasta, butternut squash mixture, Parmesan cheese, and about ¼ cup of the pasta water. If the pasta is dry, drizzle with additional pasta water until desired consistency.
- Top with walnuts and crispy sage leaves.
- Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and add salt to taste.
Keywords: Sage Pasta with Butternut Squash