If you love the flavor of roasted red peppers, you’ll be addicted to this easy Romesco sauce! It’s delicious drizzled over these roasted vegetables and crispy chickpeas.
- 6 oz roasted red pepper (about 1 large pepper)
- ¼ cup slivered raw almonds
- 6 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup olive oil, plus 1 tablespoon divided
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 large carrots, quartered and cut into 3” pieces
- 2 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 lb asparagus, washed and ends trimmed
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover a large baking tray with parchment paper. (If you don’t have parchment paper, you can spray the pan with a bit of non-stick spray.)
- To make the sauce, combine the roasted red pepper, almonds, garlic, ¼ cup olive oil, red wine vinegar, paprika, and salt in a food processor or blender. Blend until just slightly chunky.
- Toss the carrots, chickpeas, and asparagus with the remaining tablespoon of oil. Alternatively, you can spray them with olive oil to evenly coat.
- Spread the carrots and chickpeas onto a single layer on the baking sheet covered in parchment paper. You may need two baking sheets depending on how large the pans are.
- Roast the carrots and chickpeas for 15 minutes then use a spatula to flip them over. Add the asparagus to the oven and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes until the chickpeas are crispy and the carrots and asparagus are lightly browned.
- Combine the chickpeas and vegetables then divide evenly onto separate plates. Drizzle with the Romesco sauce.
Keywords: Romesco sauce