This roasted patty pan squash recipe is a deliciously simple way to enjoy this hearty summer squash. Season it with spices or top it with cilantro pesto for a flavorful dish!
- 2 lbs patty pan squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons cilantro pesto (optional)
- Move the oven rack to the middle position. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Once the oven is preheated, carefully remove the hot pan. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of oil onto the hot baking sheet. Spread the squash on the baking sheet in a single layer. (Be careful as the pan will be hot!) Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the squash is golden brown on the bottom. Do not flip the squash. (So only one side will be brown.)
- Let cool for a few minutes, then transfer the squash to a plate or serving dish. Top with fresh parsley, Parmesan cheese, or cilantro pesto.
Keywords: roasted patty pan squash