This whole roasted cauliflower is delicious served with a spicy whipped feta dip. This recipe is simple to prepare and it’s a great appetizer or side dish for any meal!
- 1 large head cauliflower, leaves trimmed
- 6 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 oz feta cheese (see note)
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut the stem of the cauliflower off so the top can sit flush with the bottom of a casserole dish. Remove any green leaves.
- Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes until tender.
- While the cauliflower cooks, prepare the whipped feta.
- Add the feta and cream cheese to a food processor and blend until chunky.
- While the food processor is running on low, add the remaining 4 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a shallow dish and drizzle with additional olive oil.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Once the cauliflower is done roasting, let cool slightly.
- Carefully slice into quarters and divide onto plates or cut into smaller pieces to serve to a group.
- When serving, dip the cauliflower into the whipped feta.
You can use crumbled feta but I’d recommend using a block of feta and crumbling it yourself in the food processor. Some crumbled cheeses have anti-caking agents in them which can make it hard to achieve a smooth consistency when blended.
Keywords: Roasted cauliflower with whipped feta