You can make delicious rice and beans in a rice cooker, which is perfect for an easy hands-off dinner. Just add all the ingredients to your rice cooker and hit start! Dinner is ready in no time.
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water or vegetable broth
- 1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt to taste
- In a rice cooker, add the uncooked rice, water, black beans, and seasonings. Stir and cover.
- Cook on the white rice setting. (It should take about 25 minutes depending on your rice cooker.)
- Once the rice is cooked, discard the bay leaf, fluff with a fork and add additional seasonings to taste.
If you plan to eat this as a meal, I recommend using vegetable broth for added flavor. If you wanted to use this as a filling in burritos or tacos, you may want to use water so that you can control the saltiness of the final dish.
Keywords: Rice Cooker Rice and Beans