This tasty red wine vinegar dressing is delicious drizzled over a bed of greens or tossed with your favorite vegetables! This simple vinaigrette comes together in just a few minutes!
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise (optional, see note)
- Combine the vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
- Slowly drizzle the olive oil into the vinegar mixture, whisking constantly to incorporate.
- If not serving immediately, use mayonnaise to avoid separation.
The oil and vinegar will separate after a few minutes. This isn’t an issue if you’re serving the salad immediately, but if you’d like to make this dressing in advance, simply add 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise. This will stabilize the dressing and prevent it from separating.
Keywords: red wine vinegar dressing