This delicious vegetable soup is filled with Success Tri-Color Boil-in-Bag Quinoa, hearty chickpeas, and plenty of spices for a flavorful soup that will make you feel good from the inside out!
- 1 bag Success Tri-Color Boil-in-Bag Quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 28oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup corn (frozen or canned)
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 1 cup chopped kale (stems removed)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large pot or dutch oven, bring the quinoa and 4 cups of water to a boil.
- Let simmer for 10 minutes until the quinoa is tender and fluffy. Remove the quinoa from the pot and set it aside.
- Drain the pot, then add olive oil and heat over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, and bell pepper and continue to cook over medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes until vegetables have softened.
- Add the garlic, thyme, and smoked paprika and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the bay leaf, quinoa, vegetable broth, tomatoes, corn, and chickpeas, and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat to low, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the kale and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until the kale is bright green. Remove from heat and serve.
Keywords: quinoa vegetable soup