These quinoa and avocado bowls are filled with a rainbow of veggies and plenty of flavor! This is an easy, prep-friendly recipe that is perfect for a quick lunch or dinner!
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed (or 3 cups cooked)
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh (or frozen) sweet corn
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese or queso fresco
- 1 15oz can black beans (rinsed & drained)
- 1/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Cook the quinoa in the water and vegetable broth according to package directions.
- Add the cooked quinoa to the bottom of the bowls.
- Top with avocado, tomatoes, cheese, beans, corn, cabbage, and carrots. (Note: You can heat the beans and corn before adding to the bowl if desired. Simply warm in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.)
- If using the dressing, whisk together the honey, apple cider vinegar, adobo sauce, and lime juice. Drizzle over the bowl.
- Garnish with cilantro and add salt and pepper to taste.
This bowl can be served warm or cold. It’s a great recipe to pack for lunch!
Keywords: quinoa and avocado bowl