These soft and chewy pumpkin oatmeal cookies are made with brown butter and a sweet glaze for a truly delicious treat. If you love pumpkin, this dessert is a must-make
For the cookies:
- 7 oz unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (quick or old fashioned rolled oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter in a medium pan over medium low heat until browned. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, pumpkin spice.
- Add cooled brown butter, egg, vanilla, pumpkin puree, and stir until combined. The batter will be sticky.
- Scoop tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto a baking sheet. Gently press on each dough ball to flatten it. The cookies will not spread much.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes. Cookies should be soft in the center.
- While the cookies are baking, whisk together the ingredients for cookie glaze. Wait until cookies are cool to touch and drizzle each with glaze.
Keywords: Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies