These pumpkin gingerbread muffins are a cozy treat perfect for the holiday season, combining the warm and spicy flavors of ginger, cinnamon, and molasses with a moist and tender crumb.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 15oz can pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar (for topping)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper liners. This recipe makes 18 muffins, so you’ll need two muffin trays.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, ginger, pumpkin spice, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the pumpkin, avocado oil, brown sugar, molasses, eggs, and vanilla until smooth and well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir to mix until just combined.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin pan and sprinkle the tops with sugar.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Keywords: Pumpkin Gingerbread Muffins