This red lentil pasta recipe is rich and creamy and completely plant-based! The pasta and vegetables cook in one pot for a delicious dinner that comes together easily.
- 2 tablespoons Kite Hill Plant-Based Butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (8.8oz) box Barilla Red Lentil Pasta
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 15oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup Kite Hill Plant-Based Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Marcona Almonds
- In a large skillet, add the plant-based butter and cook over medium heat for 30 seconds until melted.
- Add the diced onion and cook for 6-7 minutes until the onion is softened.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the red lentil pasta, vegetable broth, marinara sauce, and fire-roasted tomatoes.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and continue to simmer for 7-8 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Stir in spinach and let sit for 1 minute to allow the spinach to wilt.
- Stir in the plant-based cream cheese and top with chopped almonds.
Keywords: vegan red lentil pasta