This delicious enchilada pasta recipe is a creamy pasta dish with plenty of spicy flavor. Made with Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti pasta, this vegetarian one-pot meal is packed with 13g of protein and fiber! Barilla® Red Lentil Spaghetti was also a 2021 People Food Awards Winner!
- 1 8oz package Barilla® Red Lentil Pasta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1 15oz can corn
- 1 15oz can diced tomatoes with green chili
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, add the olive oil, onion and bell pepper and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the Barilla® Red Lentil pasta, water, enchilada sauce, corn, and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cream cheese and ¾ cup of shredded cheese. Stir until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese just before serving.