This one pot broccoli lemon pasta recipe comes together with just a few minutes of prep and a handful of pantry staples.
- 4 oz whole grain pasta
- 8 oz frozen broccoli florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 oz parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup shredded)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Check the pasta box to see the recommended time for cooking. You’ll be adding the broccoli into the same pot before the pasta finishes cooking.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta then reduce the heat to a simmer. When there are 4 minutes left of cooking for the pasta, add the frozen broccoli and turn the heat up to high to bring the water back up to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until the broccoli is bright green and tender and the noodles are al dente.
- Drain the water from the pot, then add the olive oil, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Divide onto plates and sprinkle with parmesan.
This recipe can be doubled, if desired. You can also use fresh broccoli, which will only need about 2 minutes to cook.
Keywords: One Post Pasta