This one pot broccoli lemon pasta recipe comes together with just a few minutes of prep and a handful of pantry staples.
- 8 oz whole wheat pasta
- 8 oz broccoli florets (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 oz parmesan cheese (about 1/3 cup shredded)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Check the pasta box to see the recommended time for cooking. You’ll be adding the broccoli into the same pot before the pasta finishes cooking.
- Once the water is boiling, add the pasta then reduce the heat to a simmer. When there are 4 minutes left of cooking for the pasta, add the broccoli and turn the heat up to high to bring the water back up to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat and simmer until the broccoli is bright green and tender and the noodles are al dente.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli and add the butter to the warm pot.
- Add the pasta and broccoli back to the pot and toss with butter, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan cheese.
Keywords: One Post Pasta