This nutritional yeast popcorn is full of “cheesy” flavor but it’s completely vegan! This stovetop recipe is easy to make and filled with good-for-you ingredients!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola oil
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt to taste
- Add the oil to a large pot or dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the popcorn kernels to the hot oil and immediately cover with a lid.
- Pop the popcorn, shaking every few seconds to distribute the oil and to ensure the kernels on the bottom don’t burn, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the popcorn to a large bowl and sprinkle with nutritional yeast and salt. Toss the popcorn until coated.
- If the seasoning doesn’t stick, lightly spray the popcorn with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning.
- Add additional salt to taste.
Keywords: Nutritional Yeast Popcorn