These vegan “meatballs” are made with brown rice and walnuts to create a healthy and delicious addition to your favorite plate of pasta or zucchini noodles!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 3/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds, then add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently until the onion has softened.
- Add the garlic and continue to cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove from heat and allow the onion to cool slightly.
- In a food processor, add the walnuts, cooked rice, spices, salt, and flour.
- Pulse until combined.
- Add in the onion and garlic and continue to pulse until mixed.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place them onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until browned.
- Serve on top of your favorite pasta or zucchini noodles.