This recipe makes 10 small meatballs.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 3/4 cup raw walnuts
- 3/4 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tbsp flour*
- (You could use chickpea flour or oat flour if you want to keep it gluten free. Or you could use all purpose flour if you don’t mind.)
- 1 large (or 2 small) zucchini
- 1 jar of marinara sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350
- In a large saucepan, cook the olive oil, onion and garlic over medium heat for about 10 minutes until the onion begins to soften.
- In the food processor, combine the walnuts, cooked rice, spices, and flour.
- Pulse until combined. (You’ll want it to look like the texture in the photo above.
- Add in the onion and garlic and continue to pulse until mixed.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and set onto the baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for about 10-15 minutes.
- For the zucchini noodles, use a spiralizer or mandoline slicer to make thin strips of zucchini.
- Sautee over medium heat in a bit of olive oil for 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain well and serve! Top with nutmeat balls and marinara sauce.