This Mediterranean Lentil Soup is packed with healthy ingredients like lentils, garlic, and spinach for a tasty recipe that will keep you full and satisfied! On the blog, I’m sharing this yummy recipe, along with tips to help you stay healthy during this winter season.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed
- 1lb red potatoes, chopped into 1” pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach
- In a large In a large pot, add the olive oil, onion, carrots, and celery and sauté over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add garlic and cumin and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the bay leaf, thyme, vegetable broth, lentils, and red potatoes.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes until the lentils are softened.
- Just before serving, stir in spinach until wilted.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately