This Mediterranean Couscous and Chickpeas is filled with salty feta, juicy tomatoes, and fresh parsley. It only takes 15 minutes to make, so it’s perfect for busy weeknights!
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup dry couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large cucumber, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 large tomato, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped curly parsley leaves (about 1/3 bundle, large stems removed)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta (optional)
- Salt to taste
- In a medium sized pot, bring the water to a boil.
- Add the couscous, remove from heat, and cover with a lid. Set aside for 5 minutes while the couscous absorbs the water.
- While your couscous is cooking you can prep the rest of your ingredients.
- Once the couscous has absorbed all the water, fluff with a fork.
- In a large bowl, gently toss all ingredients together.
- Serve at room temperature or store in the fridge and serve cold.
You can skip the feta if you want to keep this recipe vegan. Just add an extra pinch of salt.
Flat leaf parsley can be used in place of curly parsley, but I don’t recommend trying to substitute dried parsley in this recipe.
Keywords: Couscous with chickpeas