This Vegan Pasta Puttanesca is a simple Italian pasta dish featuring olives, capers, garlic, and tomatoes for a pantry-friendly meal that comes together quickly!
- 8oz spaghetti or linguine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped olives
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet add the olive oil garlic, oregano, and red pepper flakes and saute over low heat for 3 minutes until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the parsley, olives, and capers and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and saute for 5 minutes until the tomatoes have softened.
- Add the cooked pasta to the tomato mixture and toss until the pasta is coated. Season generously with salt.
Keywords: pasta puttanesca