This Instant Pot White Bean Soup is infused with fresh rosemary and filled with lots of vegetables for a hearty, plant-based meal that comes together in minutes!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary)
- 3 15oz cans cannellini beans, drained and divided
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, and celery to the Instant Pot.
- Set to “sauté” and sauté for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and paprika and continue to saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the rosemary, 2 cans of beans, and broth and secure the lid.
- Hit “cancel” to cancel the sauté, then “pressure cook” and set the time for 5 minutes. The Instant Pot will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure, then it will start counting down.
- Once the timer goes off, carefully turn the pressure valve to release the steam.
- Remove the lid and use a slotted spoon to remove the sprig of rosemary.
- Use an immersion blender to carefully blend the soup until it’s just slightly chunky. If you do not have an immersion blender, let the soup cool slightly then carefully transfer 4 cups to a blender. Allow the steam to escape the blender, but cover with a kitchen towel to prevent splatters. Blend until slightly chunky, then add it back into the pot.
- Add the remaining can of beans and lemon juice to the pot.
- Turn the Instant Pot to sauté and saute for 5-6 minutes, or until the additional beans are heated through.
I like adding the 3rd can of beans at the end after the soup has been puréed slightly, to ensure that the soup still feels hearty. You can skip that step if you like and cook all the beans simultaneously.
You can also skip the blending if you want a soup with a thinner broth and chunky texture.
Keywords: vegan white bean soup, instant pot white bean soup, instant pot vegan white bean soup