This creamy tomato soup is made in the Instant Pot for an easy, delicious meal that only takes a few minutes of prep! It’s filled with vegetables, but it’s creamy enough to enjoy as a main dish!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 large carrots, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 large celery stalks, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can fire-roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- Add the olive oil, onion, carrots, and celery to the Instant Pot and set to sauté.
- Sauté stirring frequently for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and tomato paste and continue to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, and fire roasted tomatoes.
- Close and seal the Instant Pot. Set to cook on manual/pressure cook for 13 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes to come to pressure, then the timer will start to count down.
- Once the timer has elapsed, turn the pressure knob to “vent” and release the pressure.
- Once the pressure is released, open the lid.
- Add the cream cheese and stir until combined.
- Use an immersion blender to blend the soup to your desired consistency, or let the soup cool and transfer to a blender. When blending, allow steam to escape.
- Add salt to taste, if needed.
Keywords: Instant Pot Tomato Soup