These Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats are great for a hearty breakfast! They cook quickly in the pressure cooker and you can add your favorite toppings to turn this simple recipe into a breakfast your family will crave.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Add the oats, water, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt to the Instant Pot and stir until combined.
- Close the Instant Pot lid and make sure the steam release value is in the sealing position.
- Set the cook time using the Manual/Pressure Cook function to 4 minutes at high pressure.
- It will take a few minutes for the Instant Pot to reach pressure and then the timer will begin counting down.
- When the cooking time ends, let the Instant Pot to naturally release for 8 minutes, then flip the steam valve to the venting position to release any remaining pressure.
- Stir the steel cut oats and add additional sweetener and salt to taste, if needed. The oats will continue to thicken as they cool.
- Serve with any additional toppings.
Keywords: instant pot steel cut oats