These homemade whole wheat croutons are easy to make and they’re perfect on top of your favorite soup or salad! Add a nice salty crunch to your next bowl of veggies!
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 tsp of garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp of onion powder
- Pinch of flaky sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Slice the bread into 1 inch cubes.
- Toss the bread in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. You can also use an olive oil spray, which makes it easier to get an even coating.
- Spread in a single layer onto a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with garlic, onion, and sea salt.
- Bake for 8 minutes, then flip and continue to bake until brown. The total time will depend on the heartiness and freshness of your bread. Mine took 10 minutes total.
If you don’t have a measuring spoon smaller than a 1/4 teaspoon, feel free to just use a pinch. It doesn’t have to exact, especially if you like a lot of flavor!
Keywords: Whole Wheat Croutons