These healthy oatmeal cookies are made with whole wheat flour and oats. They’re just as delicious as your favorite chewy oatmeal cookies, but with healthier ingredients!
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup whole grain oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the maple syrup, coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla until mixed.
- Then add in the salt, baking soda, oats and flour and mix until a dough forms.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop in rounded tablespoons onto a cookie sheet. I usually make about 10 medium sized cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer from the baking sheet to a cooling rack.
This makes a small batch of cookies, usually between 8-10 depending on the size of the cookies. You can double this recipe if you want to make a bigger batch!
Keywords: Healthy oatmeal cookies