These cookie dough bites are made with healthy ingredients for a tasty treat that is packed with peanut butter and chocolate! If you need an easy dessert recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth, this is the answer!
- 1 cup of rolled oats (see note)
- 1 tablespoon agave (or honey, if not vegan)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- If you’re using whole grain oats, pulse them in a food processor for a bit to turn it into a coarse flour. If you’re using quick cooking oats, then you can just leave them as-is.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat the honey, coconut oil, and peanut butter for 15 seconds at a time, stirring each time until just melted.
- Stir in the oats, vanilla, and salt.
- Once the mixture is completely cooled, add the chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator for a few minutes until it begins to set slightly, then roll into individual balls.
- Let them set in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 15 minutes before eating.
- Store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
If you’re using rolled oats, pulse them in a food processor for a bit to turn it into a coarse flour. If you’re using quick cooking oats, then you can just leave them as-is.
Keywords: healthy cookie dough bites