A grapefruit and avocado salad is a great way to enjoy fresh produce during colder weather. This salad is the perfect side dish for brunch!
- 1 large head of fennel
- 3 large grapefruits
- 2 avocados
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Cut the fennel bulb to separate it from the fronds.
- Slice the very end off of the root and use a knife to cut out the middle part of the stem.
- Very thinly slice the fennel bulb
- Segment the grapefruit, using a knife to cut away the peel and the bitter pith (the white part.)
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit, and slice into segments.
- Combine the fennel, grapefruit segments, and avocado slices in a large bowl. Be careful not to smash the avocado.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, and gently combine.
- Serve immediately.
Keywords: Grapefruit and Avocado Salad