- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut, to sprinkle on top
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8×8-inch square pan with parchment paper. Lightly grease with nonstick spray (I used coconut oil spray).
- Microwave chocolate chips in a large, microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute. Stir with a rubber spatula, and heat for an additional 30 seconds to 1 minute, until melted.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in almond butter, cocoa powder, and coconut sugar until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract, salt and eggs. Combine until smooth.
- Pour brownie batter into pan and smooth over with spatula, leveling out surface of batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the brownies are set in the center. Be careful not to over-bake.
- Remove from heat and cool for approximately 15 minutes before cutting.
- Brownies can be stored in an airtight container.
Keywords: chocolate coconut brownies