This vegetarian crockpot lasagna recipe only takes a few minutes to throw together and then you can set it and forget it!
- 8 large lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1 12 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 24 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup spinach
- 3/4 cup water
- Spray the inside of the crockpot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the crushed tomatoes to the bottom of the crockpot. (The amount will depend on how large your crockpot is. Mine is huge so I used about 1 cup.)
- Place 1 layer of lasagna noodles on the bottom. You’ll have to break them up a bit to make them fit. That’s ok, it doesn’t have to be pretty.
- Top with 1/2 cup of sauce, 1/2 the ricotta cheese and spinach leaves.
- Add a layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat- noodles, ricotta, sauce, spinach, mozzarella, noodles.
- Add the cup of water to the pasta sauce jar and shake. Pour over the layers.
- Top with cheese.
- Put the crockpot on low for about 6 hours. Let sit for a few minutes then cut and serve!
- Note: My guess is that all crockpots are not created equal, so you may need to adjust the amount of water to add. Play around with it and see. I think this recipe would be hard to mess up!