This feta and orzo pasta salad is a light and delicious side dish. Prepare it in advance for a picnic or serve it warm with your favorite protein.
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 3 oz feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Dash of black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add in the orzo. Cook for 7 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the pasta and spread it on a large plate to cool.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, garlic powder, and oregano.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the orzo, feta, chickpeas, diced onion, and parsley.
- Drizzle with olive oil mixture and toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: orzo pasta salad