This feta and orzo pasta salad is a light and delicious side dish. Prepare it in advance for a picnic or serve it warm with your favorite protein.
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 15oz can chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Dash of black pepper, crushed red pepper, oregano
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and add in the orzo. Cook for 7 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain, rinse, and spread it on a large plate to cool.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and garlic powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the feta, chickpeas. diced onion, and parsley.
- Drizzle with olive oil mixture and toss to combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Keywords: orzo pasta salad