This delicious tomato jam is a great way to transform summer tomatoes into a tasty spread! It’s incredible on a burger, toast, eggs, bagels, and more!
- 1 lb Roma tomatoes, cored and roughly chopped
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pulse the tomatoes, brown sugar, shallot, lemon juice, ginger, cumin, and salt in food processor until coarsely ground, about 8 pulses.
- Transfer mixture to a large non-stick skillet and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until mixture is reduced and thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer tomato jam to a jar and let cool.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Keywords: tomato jam