This easy oil-free hummus recipe is delicious with crunchy veggies, toasted pita, or falafel. It’s so smooth and creamy, you’d never guess there is no added oil!
- 1 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon za’atar seasoning, plus more for garnish
- Place the chickpeas in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds until warm.
- Transfer to a blender or food processor.
- Add the water, lemon juice, tahini, and garlic and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender or food processor every 30 seconds.
- Add salt and za’atar seasoning then blend until mixed.
- Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle with additional za’atar seasoning.
Keywords: oil free hummus