This easy Dutch oven bread is a no-knead recipe, meaning you can simply stir together the ingredients, let the dough rise, and then bake it! It’s so simple but the results are delicious!
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, yeast, and salt.
- Add the water and stir until combined. (You can just stir it using a large wooden spoon. You don’t need to knead the dough.)
- Cover with a towel and allow the dough to rise for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- When you’re ready to bake the bread, move the oven rack to a lower position in order to allow a Dutch oven pot to fit in the middle of the oven.
- Place the Dutch oven with lid in the oven and preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly dust your hands with flour and transfer the dough to a square of parchment paper.
- Using oven mitts, carefully remove the preheated Dutch oven, take off the lid, and lower the parchment paper with the dough into the pot.
- Cover with the lid and transfer the pot into the oven. Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the Dutch oven lid and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until the bread has a golden brown crust.
- Let the bread cool, then slice and enjoy.
Keywords: no knead dutch oven bread