This vegetarian dish is made with creamy egg noodles and plenty of veggies for a rich and delicious comfort food. It’s perfect for an easy weeknight meal!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- ½ cup diced carrots (about 3 large carrots)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 8oz egg noodles
- 1 cup corn (canned or frozen)
- 1 cup peas (canned or frozen)
- In a dutch oven or large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onion, celery, and carrots to the pot and cook for 6-7 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the thyme, paprika, egg noodles, corn, and peas.
- Return to a boil then reduce to a simmer, add milk, and cook for 10-15 minutes until the noodles are tender and the mixture has thickened.
- Let sit for 8-10 minutes before serving, to allow it to continue to thicken
Keywords: creamy veggies and noodles