Looking for a delicious twist on macaroni and cheese? Cottage cheese is the secret ingredient to make this pasta dish extra rich and creamy. It’s perfect for comfort food that’s both nutritious and satisfying.
- 8oz pasta (you can use whole wheat, chickpea, or regular pasta)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese (I used 4% milkfat)
- 1 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4oz shredded sharp cheddar cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- In a blender, combine the cottage cheese, milk, cornstarch, cheddar cheese, and seasonings. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the cheese sauce into a skillet and heat over medium-low heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- When the pasta is cooked, stir into the cheese sauce. Add additional seasoning to taste if desired.