This Fontina Apple Crostini is a delicious appetizer! Crusty bread with salty cheese and a sweet apple make this an irresistable combination!
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread, cut into 1” thick slices
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6oz Cello Fontal cheese, grated
- 1 oz Copper Kettle Cheese, finely grated
- 1 small Honeycrisp apple, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons balsamic glaze
- Preheat the oven to broil.
- Brush the Ciabatta bread with olive oil, then spread in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Toast for 1-2 minutes, until the edges begin to brown. Keep a close eye on it because it will cook quickly!
- Once the bread is toasted, remove it from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle the Fontal over each slice of bread.
- Place it back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle each slice with a pinch of Copper Kettle cheese.
- Top each piece of bread with two apple slices.
- Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve immediately.
Keywords: Fontina Apple Crostini